Sunday, September 29, 2013

Beauty Spotlight: I Am fashionista


Hey Dolls! Today I bring you another beauty spot light about an up and coming online boutique and the owner Dajah Spence.




Tell me a little about yourself....
"My name is Dajah Spence. I am 21 years old. This is my 4th year at Bgsu, my major is Health care administrations with a double minor of business and gerontology.
I started I Am Fashionista this summer, I launched it July 1st."



Where did you get the idea to start your online boutique?

"I started I am Fashionista  this summer I launched it July 1st. I always had a lot of jewelry and my friends would always come over and borrow things, and they would always say you should start selling it. I was always like no this is my stuff I love it, A lot of the stuff I didn't even wear I just collected it. So one day I was at the bank and the bank teller was admiring my jewelry asked where I got it from, I told her I knew of a couple place with good deals and she told me I should start selling it. I talked to a couple of people that encouraged me to just do it. I was nervous at first, I've never started my own business before. I was never a business women or anything like that so I just had faith. And I'm doing okay I'm not rich or anything but im doing okay. "



What do you say sets your boutique apart from others?

"I have free shipping, my prices are very affordable. I treat my customers like they are somebody not just business. Sometimes I add free gifts to people's purchase depending on the price, when people have birthdays coming up I sometimes put something extra in there for them. I don't treat them as Just money. I always let them know when they post the jewelry don't forget to tag us and ill post it on the page.  I want people to feel like i am their go to girl when they don't have anything they know I have it. I want people to know you don't have to spend all this money to have nice things. "

Since your opening what are most proud of?

"I am proud that I was able to get this far. I never imaged that I would get this much support from people. To be able to come up with an idea and actually seeing my idea come to life. I talked to a couple of people that gave me some encouragement, and I was kind of scared. "What if people don't buy? What if they don't like what I like?" But that's just apart of taking a chance....Being able to make it this far. "

Where do you see yourself and brand  in 5 years?

I'm hoping to have thousands of followers. I look up to other brands like Rich girls. They support other businesses and that's what I love to do! I think its great how other small business are helping each other. I also see they have celebrities promote for them like Draye from basketball wives and things like that . So I'm hoping in five years to be up to where rich girls is at!"

Do you plan to step outside of Jewelry and maybe sell clothing pieces too?

"I sell others items like hats, scarfs. I don't think i'll go into selling clothes but I will do more then just jewelry. You know fashion accessories."

If you could Is there anything you would want to tell yourself 5 years ago, would you of started this sooner?

"I think this is the right time to do this. I have the right mindset, I have the funds for it. I was working really hard over the summer. I invested everything into my business I didn't get any help and I think this is the right time because I'm stable 5 years ago I wasn't."

Are you thinking about linking up with other Bg business?

"I haven't thought about it But that can potentially happen. I know fad watch is doing a lot with other small business that have started clothing lines and things like that, I'm hoping to network with them and link up with stuff like that."

 Is there anything else you would like to say?

"Everyone should follow _Iamfashionista on instagram, I have a Facebook like page, I'm on Pinterest all the social networks. I'm also going to start doing jewelry parties. Maybe at the end of this month beginning of October. I'm also going to have my models in fashion shows wearing my jewelry. I just want people to support "



After we wrapped up the interview Dajah and I just sat and chatted. We talked about different project we both are working and I was able to see that she is a very hard working person. I look forward to what she has in store for the future! Make sure you go over to her IG and Website to check out her pieces for sell and stay up to date on all the latest fashion accessories. Below I will list all of the links and pictures of the latest items on I am Fashionista. Be on the look out for more beauty spotlights!!

IG: _IAMFASHIONISTA_
Website: Fashionistajewlery.bigcartel.com
Email: iamfashionista216@gmail.com


(Prices for all of these items are on the website listed above and also available by email which is also listed above.)






No comments:

Post a Comment