Sunday, May 25, 2014

Turing your visions into reality!

My 2014 Vision Board
Hello loves! So this post is all about something I have incorporated into my life and has helped me in so many ways. Around this time last year me and my roommate at the time was talking about things we wanted to achieve in life and how to make them happen. We eventually got to the topic of the people we surround our self with and the effects they have on us even the people we follow on social media and what not. We started mentioning people we follow on instagram that give off positive energy and that speak on whats important to us. In the mix of this conversation my roommate told me about a women on instagram by the name of Stillettomeup. Her name was enough for me to give her page a look. Once i got there my screen was full of beautiful louboutins and fashion. In the mix of all of that there was inspirational post about her building her career, business trips, her love of her culture and so much more. This was a smart successful women with an amazing sense of fashion and my dream shoe closet. Duhh I gave her a follow! So after a while of following Ms Egreis on instagram she posted about vision boards and the book the secret. Two things I have heard about before but never put too much thought into it. But when you see someone who has achieved the things you hope to one day achieve you tend to give things a second look. So I watch the movie The Secret on netflix and it was just what I needed at that time. The secret is a understanding of the energy around you. You are given what you give out. (check the movie out on netflix or read a copy of the book to get a full understanding of the Secret) At that time in my life I was questioning why no matter what I did negative thing seemed to follow. I was focusing on nothing but the negative so no wonder that's all I saw. After watching the movie and thinking of a  lot of thing I decide to give the secret a try. From then on I made it my mission to focus on nothing but the good and remain positive at all times. Of course I have days where I focus on the negative...truth moment all day to day I have been focusing on the negative but I told myself i needed to do something positive and out comes this post. To me that is what the secret is all about! Since I was giving this my all I was doing everything I could to make this a lifestyle change. So I made a vision board. A vision board is where you place pictures, words, symbols, whatever you want on a board and all of these thing represent what it is you see for yourself in life. I was so inspired I made a vision door lol. There was so much I saw for myself that I filled my bedroom door with pictures. As the year went on I achieved so much off of my vision door. Everyday I would wake up and literately face what it was I wanted in life and it became my biggest motivation. Simply a picture on my door. A few things on my vision board was graduate cosmetology school, enter the salon fair, work as a MUA, start a youtube channel. These are just a few of the things I achieved last year. I finished school in December, I placed second at salon fair, I worked at Sephora for a while and I now have a Youtube channel and I am apart of a network! Yes these are all things I had to work hard to achieve but it all started with a vision. It all started with my energy. Who knew something so small like cutting out pictures could have such a huge impact on my life. I know some might say this is crazy but im telling you it works! I have made a new vision board for 2014 and I will make one every year of my life. All of this stemmed from a simple follow on IG. Still to this day I follow Egreis on IG. Although she left social media for a while to start a family she came back is still a smart successful women with an amazing sense of fashion, beautiful family and an even better shoe closet. She is still an inspiration and I thank her for opening my eyes to the secret. Everything happens for a reason and I am excited for the future. The purpose of this post is that you can find motivation in the little things and remember that the people you surround yourself around even on social media can effect you in so many ways even if you've never even met them. One thing we can control is the energy you give off and that rather you believe it or not it has effect on you in so many ways. For me the way I turn my visions into reality is starting with positive energy. Find things and people that are positive and I promise you, you will see yourself change for the better!!

To check out the movie the Secret you can find it on netflix just search the title.
Book also can be found online.

Instagram: Beautywithbree
Personal IG: Its_breezybabyy
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Beautywithbree

To follow Stiletto me up
Ig: Thestilettomeup
Blog: http://stilettomeup.com/
(Images of Egreis taken from her IG)






Egreis in her shoe closet
One of Egreis maturity pics




2 comments:

  1. Hi love,
    Just saw you tagged me and decided to give your blog a read. I am honored and so happy to hear that you not only made a board but you saw it working for yourself as well. Yay to us!!! And keep your positive energy going. You will only get better.
    Much love
    Egreis
    Stilettomeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking it out! And Thank you for being you it helped me find me! Crazy i know but very true! I'm excited for the many boards in my future lol!

      Delete